Still thinking of how to achieve a healthy glowing skin? Here are some vital steps.
We’re all attracted to a beautiful face. We like to look at them, we feel drawn to them and we aspire to have one. Many researchers and others have investigated what we humans identify as “beautiful”: symmetry, large evenly spaced eyes, white teeth, a well-proportioned nose and of course, a flawless complexion. The skin is of utmost importance when people judge someone as beautiful.
People spend a lot of money in attempts to regain their youthful appearance. The global cosmetics industry is worth about US$500 billion. Sales of skin and sun care products, make-up and colour cosmetics generate over 36% of the worldwide cosmetic market.
Women use foundation makeup to conceal freckles and blemishes, moisturisers and fillers to hide dryness, concealers to disguise broken capillaries and pimples. And increasingly people are using botox to remove wrinkles, fillers to replace volume, and laser to remove flaws from the top layer of skin.
At Dr. Physiq Centre for wellness, preventive medicine and lifestyle change, we are committed to seeing you look beautiful and confident always. Here are some vital steps for a healthy glowing skin:
1. The Right Exfoliation
The foundation of clear, smooth, glowing skin = the proper exfoliation.
Without it, all the other tips on this page are useless!
By removing the top layer of dull dead skin cells you:
- Refine your skins surface so the healthy glowing skin underneath can show through!
- Increase cell turnover to improve the health, strength and clarity of your skin / even out and lighten skin tone
- Stimulate collagen to improve suppleness and smoothness
- Allow following products to do a better job – serums and hydration products will be able to contact the new cells – instead of sitting “on top” of a layer of un-exfoliated dead skin!
The best exfoliation for glowing skin is chemical exfoliation – glycolic acid is effective, potent, and easy.
2. The Scientifically Proven Glow-Maker
– Vitamin C –
One of the most important glowing skin secrets – Vitamin C gives you an instant glow and improves skin brightness over time.
This is a scientifically proven ingredient. It is great for lightening pigment, delivers a powerful amount of antioxidants, and stimulates collagen.
Because it is active, it is also notoriously unstable – so some Vitamin C products are actually nothing but expensive creams or oils.
3. Your Nightly Routine for Glowing Skin
A nightly DIY oil massage is two-fold for glowing skin:
FIRST – The massage action stimulates circulation, drains lymph and water retention (excellent for tightening facial contours!) and relaxes you which helps your skin glow.
SECOND – Using a beautiful oil adds nourishment and hydration, as well as serious extra benefits depending on the oil you choose.
Two great choices:
4. Sleep – Beyond the Eight Hours – what really matters
Don’t yawn! This may be on every “best skin care tip” list but it isn’t only about getting an arbitrary eight hours.
Quality of sleep matters. Six hours of deep restful sleep is far better than nine hours of tossing and turning.
Your sleep position really matters for your skin!
Sleeping on your stomach can scrunch your face and puts pressure on your neck. This then results in tighter face muscles, sagging skin, blocked circulation…. all factors you want to avoid for glowing skin.
As hard as it is, try to break the stomach-sleeping habit!
5. The Number One (CHEAP) Product for Glowing Healthy Skin?
This isn’t really a secret – it is just often overlooked because it so simple and not marketed as an expensive makeup or skin care “miracle”.
Top glowing skin product : Vaseline – here’s why:
One of Vaseline’s best uses is its ability to give your skin an instant healthy glow. Pat it over top of your moisturizer or makeup for sexy not-too shiny skin.
It is also a skin protectant. Add a layer to your skin overnight and you will wake up glowing.
Trust me, it is that easy!
6. Food for Radiant Skin
– It is NOT Fruit and Vegetables! –
This may be the biggest glowing skin secret. Why?
Because most skin diet “advice” talks about fruit and vegetables.
But arguably the number one most important “diet tip” for getting glowing skin is to make sure you are eating adequate protein!
- Protein keeps your blood sugar levels steady which reduces cravings and inflammation
- Protein is the building block for everything – including skin!
- Protein is satiating, so you are less likely to fill up on other stuff – like too many refined carbs. This means less water retention (Seriously, if you want tighter skin increase your protein intake and see what happens within a few days!)
Eat all the fruit and veges you want, but without the right amount of lean protein you won’t see the dramatic improvement in your skin that is actually possible through diet.